Make New Candles out of Scrap Wax
I ran out of candles yesterday. But I did have some old candles that couldn’t be lighted anymore, because the candle wick was too short. So I decided to make new candles out of the wax. And here’s a little tutorial for you, if you’d like to try it :). (this is how I do it = it’s not perfect)
What you’ll need: A jar, a string or cord, a small pot, scrap wax, dried herbs (optional)
1. Melt the candle into a liquid. (You could probably do it in the microwave too - if you’d use a glass bowl). Don’t forget to remove the wick.
2. Dip the string in the liquid - this will make a new wick. (if you already have one you don’t need this)
3. Put the wick in your jar
4. If you want to add herbs, now is the time. Put them in your melted wax, stir it, and pour a little bit of the wax in the jar.
5. Attach the wick to a wooden stick - this should keep the wick in the middle of the jar. (the white thing is modelling clay). Wait until the wax is completely cool.
6. Add the rest of the wax, and wait until it’s cool.
7. Remove the wooden stick, and the excess wick, and tadaa, you’re done! :)